For those nights in when you can’t be bothered to cook up a feast, I have a simple Indian style Macaroni made with only a pressure cooker and a few ingredients readily available in any kitchen. This Macaroni Indian recipe is a favorite and best for movie nights!
Now, tell me, wouldn’t you love a quick recipe fix of wholesome Indian macaroni? Yes, please!
How to Make Macaroni in Indian Style
First, you may have noticed that the type of pasta I used in the picture is not exactly Macaroni. Yet, in our family, we call it by this name. To be more precise, you can name it Indian Masala Pasta if you wish.
The below masala pasta recipe is for a family of 4-6 people. We first start off with oil, ghee, and spices in a pressure cooker. To see the type of brand we prefer, check our Indian equipment list here.
Then come the popular steps of adding onions and ginger garlic paste. After that, add your choice of protein.
Then come the tomatoes, mint leaves, and coriander. Cook all of this and then add water to the cooker. Once you find the water boiling, add your pasta/macaroni and let cook on a low flame.
And, voila! Your masala macaroni recipe is prepared 🙂
Macaroni Indian Recipe Step by Step
Indian Style Macaroni
- Pressure Cooker
- 500 g pasta of any type
- 2 tbsp ghee
- 4 tbsp cooking oil
- 6 cardamom pods
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 6 cloves
- 4 onions finely sliced
- 4 tomatoes finely sliced
- 1/4 kg minced meat
- 2 tbsp ginger garlic paste
- 2 tsp chilli powder
- 1 1/2 tsp turmeric powder
- 200 g mint leaves chopped finely
- 100 g coriander leaves chopped finely
- 1.5 liter water
- Salt to taste
- In a pressure cooker, add ghee, oil, and cardamom, cloves, and cinnamon. Let the spices fry for about half a minute and then add onions
- Let the onions fry until they become transparent and add ginger garlic paste
- Let the mixture fry and add minced meat. Later, add chilli powder, turmeric powder, and salt and fry until the meat turns light brown
- To the mixture, put in tomatoes. Slowly, you will see the oil starts to separate from the mixture. Then, add coriander and mint leaves
- Next, add water and let it boil
- In the boiling water, add pasta and close the lid of the pressure cooker
- Let cook for 25-30 minutes on low flame
- Open the lid and serve hot
Other alternatives: In this Indian style pasta, we’ve added minced meat. For more wholesome bites, you can add diced chicken.
For a spicy macaroni recipe, increase chilli powder by a teaspoon or add sliced green chilies. The green chilies add some color to the dish and also spice it up!
This Indian macaroni recipe can be used for lunch or dinner. It is basically a clean the fridge recipe and you can add a lot of ingredients to it. Go for carrots, beans, peas, or even top it with cheese to add more creaminess.
You could really go crazy with the ingredients or stick with a basic recipe of spicy macaroni/pasta. It is your call.
Signing off now! xx
P.S. If you would like to save and read later, here is a pinnable version 🙂