Ask any Muslim what they prepare for dessert on Eid and they will say Sheer Khorma. This dessert made with vermicelli in milk is probably the most eaten sweet across the desi population and every household has its own version of Sheer Khurma recipe for Eid they prefer.
How to make Sheer Khurma is pretty easy as it only requires a few steps and some time to cook. Top the sweet vermicelli with roasted nuts, dates, raisins, or silver edible paper, and you are ready to serve it!
I remember waiting for Eid just to devour this delicious dessert which we would have bowls of literally without keeping count! We mostly enjoy this as a dessert after breakfast and another dessert is prepared for having after the grand lunch.
Do you have any desserts that you always make during occasions?
Recipe of Sheer Khorma:
For this Sheer Khurma recipe, you will need to prepare the sugar syrup and vermicelli in separate vessels.
Heat sugar water in a saucepan until the sugar dissolves completely.
Then, in another pan, roast cashew nuts, raisins, and almonds. This step is basically using any nuts that you would prefer to use as toppings. In the same pan, add crushed vermicelli and ghee after removing the toppings.
After roasting vermicelli, go on and add the sugar syrup and stir continuously and later add the milk as sheer khurma ingredients.
Follow below for the exact Sheer Khorma recipe.
Recipe of Sheer Khurma Step by Step:
- Pot hollow enough to hold milk
- 150 gm vermicelli
- 1 litre milk
- 200 ml condensed milk
- 170 ml evaporated milk
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup water
- ⅓ cup cashew nuts cut into halves
- ⅓ cup raisins
- ¼ cup almonds sliced
- 4 tbsp ghee
- 2 tbsp oil
- In a saucepan, add sugar and water and stir continuously for about 2 minutes till they form a homogeneous mixture
- In a pot, add ghee, oil, cashew nuts, and raisins and fry on a medium flame until the cashew nuts turn brown
- Remove the cashew nuts and raisins from the pan
- In the same pan, crush the vermicelli and add more ghee
- Roast the vermicelli completely for about 5 minutes
- Add sugar syrup to the vermicelli
- Then add milk, condensed milk, and evaporated milk to the vermicelli and let it cook for about 10 minutes
- Garnish with fried cashew nuts, raisins, and sliced almonds and serve hot
This is a sheer khurma recipe with condensed milk, if you would like, you can even omit this step.
To garnish the recipe sheer khurma, you can add any toppings you like. For ideas, you can check sheer khurma images online.
No matter how you garnish it, I assure you that people will love it if you follow this best sheer khurma recipe!
Do you also prepare sweet vermicelli at home? Show us your creations by getting in touch here or on Instagram at @youcookieatcom
Signing off now! xx
P.S. If you would like to save and read later, here’s a pinnable version 🙂